Bomb Threat At Ganesh Immersion In Mumbai: Accused Arrested

Mumbai/Hyderabad, Sept 6 (Maxim News): A message was received on the WhatsApp helpline of the traffic police there that 14 terrorists from Pakistan had entered Mumbai in 34 vehicles with 400 kilograms of RDX and would kill one crore people during Ganesh celebrations. The name Lashkar-e-Jihadi was also mentioned in it. It was said that a bomb blast would take place on Saturday.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp 

The Mumbai police, which received this message, was alerted. An investigation was conducted into the person who sent the message. The accused was identified as Ashwin from Noida. It was learned that the message was sent from Noida. With this, the police were immediately informed and Noida Police Commissioner Laxmi Singh was asked to arrest him. Noida Police immediately formed a team and arrested Ashwini. Noida Police sources said that he was arrested from Sector 113 and handed over to Mumbai Police.

About The Accused

Ashwin, who sent the bomb threat message, is an astrologer by profession. He has been living in Noida for the past five years. Police said that he sent this bomb message to take revenge on his friend Feroz. Feroz filed a case against Ashwin in 2023. Due to this, he served three months in jail. Since then, Ashwin has developed a grudge against Feroz. On Saturday, a large-scale Ganesha immersion will be held in Mumbai. Ashwin thought that if he sent the bomb threat message, Feroz would face a big punishment. That is why he sent terrorist threat emails to the Mumbai Traffic Police in the name of Feroz. But Ashwin was finally caught. Police said that seven mobile phones, three SIM cards, six memory card holders and two digital cards were seized from the accused.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp 

On the other hand, Mumbai Police says there is no need to panic. They said that the traffic police have received similar bomb threat messages in the past. They said that security has been tightened at key places, and combing operations are ongoing. The police have asked Mumbaikars not to believe the rumors and to report any suspicious activities immediately. They concluded that the person who sent the message has no connection with Lashkar-e-Taiba. It is all a lie. A police officer said that the police are taking maximum precautions as there is a possibility of heavy crowd on the roads on the day of immersion. (Maxim News)


Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook pageTwitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates


More Stories…

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.