NIA conducts raids in the Telugu States
Hyderabad, Sept. 18: Two dozen teams of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) are carrying out raids in four districts in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh since Saturday night to find out terror links.
The raids are conducted in Nizamabad in Telangana and Kurnool, Guntur and Nellore in AP.
The Hyderabad unit of NIA has registered a case against one Abdul Khadar and 26 other persons from Nizamabad for allegedly conspiring to wage a war against the Central government apart from recruiting the members of the Popular Front of India (PFI) and organizing camps for imparting training to commit terrorists’ acts.
They also formed an unlawful assembly and promoted enmity between different groups on the basis of religion. They were also involved in activities disrupting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India, the NIA said in its FIR.
NIA conducts searches at multiple locations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in case registered against PFI cadres in Nizamabad by Telangana Police on 4th July, which was later taken over by the NIA. PFI Case (RC-03/2022/NIA/HYD).
- The case was initially registered as FIR no.141/2022 on 04/07/2022 at Nizamabad PS, Telangana. During investigations by the State Police, 4 accused namely, Abdul Kader, Sheikh Sahadulla, Md Imran and Md.Abdul Mobin were arrested by Telengana Police. Later, the case was re-registered by NIA on 26/08/2022.
- Today (18/09/2022), NIA conducted searches at 38 locations in Telangana (23 in Nizamabad, 04 in Hyderabad, 07 in Jagityal, 02 in Nirmal, 01 each in Adilabad and Karimnagar districts) and at 02 locations in Andhra Pradesh (1 each in Kurnool and Nellore Districts) in the case relating to Abdul Khader of Nizamabad District, Telangana and 26 other persons.
- The accused were organizing camps for imparting training to commit terrorist acts and to promote enmity between different groups on the basis of religion.
- During the searches conducted by NIA today, incriminating materials, including digital devices, documents, two daggers, cash Rs.8,31,500/- etc. have been seized. Four persons have been detained for questioning.
- Further investigations in the case are in progress.
Next Story :
Delhi/Hyderabad, Sept 22 (Maxim News): BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri made offensive remarks against BSP member Danish Ali in the Lok Sabha. Bidhuri’s remarks, though expunged now, triggered outrage with the opposition demanding that Speaker Om Birla take action against him.
Delhi/Hyderabad, Sept 22 (Maxim News): Sports Minister Anurag Thakur has cancelled his visit to China for the Asian Games after three Arunachal Wushu athletes were denied regular Chinese visas for participating in the Games.
Vijayawada/Hyderabad, Sept 22 (Maxim News): The ACB court in Vijayawada, today has given a verdict by giving CID custody for two days to interrogate Chandrababu Naidu in the skill development scam. However, the custodial trial was ordered to be conducted in Rajahmundry Central Jail itself.
Yadadri/Hyderabad, Sept 22 (Maxim News): BJP National General Secretary and Karimnagar MP, Bandi Sanjay said to Gudur Narayana Reddy, a member of the party’s state executive committee and producer of Razakar File movie, that they will watch the movie together.
Hyderabad, Sept 22 (Maxim News): Heavy rains have been reported in various parts of the state, including Hyderabad. Since Friday morning, areas such as Khairatabad, Ameerpet, Panjagutta, Sr Nagar, Sanat Nagar, Borabanda, Kapra, ECIL, Malkajgiri, Mushirabad, Kukatpally, Alwyin Colony, Moosapet, prati Nagar, Nizampet, Bachupally, Saidabad, Malakpet, Dilsukhnagar, LB Nagar, Vanasthalipuram, Uppal, Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills, and…
Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates