NIA conducts raids in the Telugu States
Hyderabad, Sept. 18: Two dozen teams of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) are carrying out raids in four districts in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh since Saturday night to find out terror links.
The raids are conducted in Nizamabad in Telangana and Kurnool, Guntur and Nellore in AP.
The Hyderabad unit of NIA has registered a case against one Abdul Khadar and 26 other persons from Nizamabad for allegedly conspiring to wage a war against the Central government apart from recruiting the members of the Popular Front of India (PFI) and organizing camps for imparting training to commit terrorists’ acts.
They also formed an unlawful assembly and promoted enmity between different groups on the basis of religion. They were also involved in activities disrupting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India, the NIA said in its FIR.
NIA conducts searches at multiple locations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in case registered against PFI cadres in Nizamabad by Telangana Police on 4th July, which was later taken over by the NIA. PFI Case (RC-03/2022/NIA/HYD).
- The case was initially registered as FIR no.141/2022 on 04/07/2022 at Nizamabad PS, Telangana. During investigations by the State Police, 4 accused namely, Abdul Kader, Sheikh Sahadulla, Md Imran and Md.Abdul Mobin were arrested by Telengana Police. Later, the case was re-registered by NIA on 26/08/2022.
- Today (18/09/2022), NIA conducted searches at 38 locations in Telangana (23 in Nizamabad, 04 in Hyderabad, 07 in Jagityal, 02 in Nirmal, 01 each in Adilabad and Karimnagar districts) and at 02 locations in Andhra Pradesh (1 each in Kurnool and Nellore Districts) in the case relating to Abdul Khader of Nizamabad District, Telangana and 26 other persons.
- The accused were organizing camps for imparting training to commit terrorist acts and to promote enmity between different groups on the basis of religion.
- During the searches conducted by NIA today, incriminating materials, including digital devices, documents, two daggers, cash Rs.8,31,500/- etc. have been seized. Four persons have been detained for questioning.
- Further investigations in the case are in progress.
Next Story :
Hyderabad, March 02: EVDM Director, Election District Nodal Officer Prakash Reddy said that inspection teams will play an active role in ensuring that elections are conducted freely and peacefully without succumbing to any temptations. A training program was organized for the SST and FST teams at the GHMC head office on Saturday to prepare the inspection…
Hyderabad, March 2 (Maxim News): The Sultan Bazar Police team has arrested 3 accused (automobile offenders) and arrested A1) Md Imran @ Imran Age: 20 yrs Occ: labour work R/o C/o Footpath of Nampally Railway Station, Nampally, A2) Allam Suresh S/o late Pentaiah Age: 40 Occ: Labour work R/o Doodhbowli, Unda Bazaar, Hussaini Alam, Hyderabad (OV Suspect sheet of PS…
Hyderabad, March 2 (Maxim News): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) recently announced its list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2024.
Hyderabad, March 2 (Maxim News): In the wake of the upcoming general elections, the transfer frenzy continues in the police department.
Hyderabad, March 2 (Maxim News): The sun unleashes its scorching wrath upon Hyderabad, nudging temperatures towards 40 degrees Celsius. With the onset of what promises to be a grueling summer, denizens of the city are already donning their sun shields, masking up against the blazing heat, and seeking refuge in summer drinks and fruits available…
Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates