Rs 1280 cr to Set up 17 STPs : Minister KTR

Hyderabad, Aug.6 (Maxim News): Industries Minister KT Rama Rao today said that the government is committed to address sewage water by setting up an adequate number of treatment plants in the city. He announced to spend Rs 1280 cr to set up 17 STPs at various locations in the twin cities like Sherilingampally, Kukatpally, Fathenagar and others.

The Municipal Minister laid a foundation stone for a 1000 MLD STP at Fathenagar area in the city. It was estimated to cost Rs 317 cr for this STP to address sewage water. A total of Rs 1270 cr to be spent for 17 STPS to be set up he said to clean 376.5 MLD sewage water.

Hyderabad city is growing with more industries and investments, he said. More apartments, houses and people coming to the city about 1950 MLD sewage water produced every day, he said. Out of that about 90 to 94 percent water reaches Musi River through gravity, Krishna River and then the sea, KTR explained. Due to drinking water and drain water lanes 9 persons died in Bholakpur area in Secunderabad and we are to check incidents.

About 40 percent sewage water gets treated in the STPs and we have to set up more to address the situation the minister maintained. With 17 STPs we can treat 55 to 60 percent sewage and to set up more for the remaining 40 percent sewage, he announced.

STPs will come up at various locations in the circles like Kukatpally, Sherilingampally, Fathenagar and others to address the sewage problem, he added. (Maxim News)

Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.