Submit Action Taken Report Within a Week: NMC Asks govt

Hyderabad: National Medical Commission (NMC) has asked the government to send an action-taken report within one week on the reallocation of the students of MBBS/PG, whose admissions were canceled after a surprise assessment by the Commission.

The Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) undergraduate section of the National Medical Commission has written to the Health and Family Welfare Principal Secretary SAM Rizvi asking the State government to take action on the issue of the MBBS/PG students whose seats were canceled after the MARB canceled the admission for the academic year 2021-2022 after a surprise assessment.

The status of the reallocation of the MBBS/PG students was not communicated to the Commission so far, the MARB secretary said.

The Commission had canceled undergraduate and post-graduate seats in MNR, Mahavir, and TRR Medical Colleges in the State during its surprise assessment of these colleges.

The students were in a lurch after their seats got canceled and no response even after representations to the government. There are 450 undergraduate students and 113 postgraduate students in these three colleges.

The Telangana High Court issued orders on July 11, directing the government to reallocate students from the three colleges within four weeks.

Even though the students are attending the classes their attendance was not considered.

This was after government authorities asked the students to attend the classes of current colleges. The students had planned to go on strike if the government did not take any decision.

The Telangana Junior Doctors Association president Karthik Nagula said that students had now come out on the roads to get the issue solved and were complaining regarding the undue negligence from the side of the state.

“The medical students have a right to get reallocated to other colleges under kalonji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences at the earliest to prevent a year of a break in studies for unknown reasons.

We request the concerned authorities and the university to solve the issue before any mishap,” said Karthik.

Now, the NMC has taken the issue into its hand and asked the State to send an action taken report within a week. The government has been asked to take necessary action on priority on the reallocation of students.

As per the proposed reallocation plan, supernumerary seats can be created for one batch only but the total number of seats for undergraduates may not exceed from 250.


Next Story:

  • Rajya Sabha Elections 2026: Chinna Reddy Meets Mallikarjun Kharge in Delhi

    Rajya Sabha Elections 2026: Chinna Reddy Meets Mallikarjun Kharge in Delhi

    Chinna Reddy meets Mallikarjun Kharge in Delhi, briefs him on Telangana political developments and seeks Rajya Sabha opportunity.


  • Revanth Reddy Invites Institutions For AI Innovation

    Revanth Reddy Invites Institutions For AI Innovation

    Revanth Reddy at AI Summit praised PM Modi, proposed AI Ministry, National AI Council, AI War Room, and urged global tie ups for Telangana.


  • Youth Congress Protest Against Trade Deal With America By Unbuttoning Shirts At AI Conference

    Youth Congress Protest Against Trade Deal With America By Unbuttoning Shirts At AI Conference

    Delhi/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): Youth Congress leaders created chaos at the International AI Conference being held in Delhi. Youth Congress leaders took off their shirts and staged a protest at the venue where the conference was being held. The Congress youth leaders did this as part of a protest against the India-US trade deal.…


  • India Signs Pax Silica Agreement At AI Impact Summit

    India Signs Pax Silica Agreement At AI Impact Summit

    Delhi/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News):  India today signed an agreement with US-based Pax Silica. The two countries signed the Pax Silica Declaration. The two countries signed this strategic agreement at the AI Impact Summit being held at Bharat Mandap in Delhi. Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnav signed the declaration in the presence of US Representative Sergio…


  • BRS Workers Injured In Attack By Congress Leaders

    BRS Workers Injured In Attack By Congress Leaders

    Kosgi/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): The atrocities of Congress leaders in Telangana are still ongoing. BRS workers were attacked and injured in Kosgi Municipal limits of Narayanpet district. BRS workers G Venkaiah and Boda Ventaiah of ward 5 were attacked with stones by Yellappa, a member of the Congress party in the same ward. Both…


Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.