Hyderabad, Jan 11 (Maxim News): Cyberabad Police have arrested two manufacturers who were manufacturing duplicate helmets and supplying of low quality helmets arrested.
This is the first of its kind in the country where the manufacturers Dheeraj Kumar (O2 Helmets by Aashirwad Helmets & Accessories) and Anil Kumar (Welfare, Hood, Duro Helmets by Welfare Enterprises ) of Ghaziabad manufacturing duplicate helmets and supplying of low quality helmets and the above manufacturers arrested on January 10 at Ghaziabad and brought them.
In view of increasing menace of sale, distribution and usage of low-quality and fake helmets in the city, Cyberabad Traffic Police constituted a special team of Cyberabad to identify and raid on the godowns Manufacturing and storing low quality/fake helmets in Cyberabad.
The team of EOW identified such manufacturing Companies at Ghaziabad of UP and arrested the above persons to curb manufacturing, supply of such low quality and fake helmets in the city by buying, selling, distribution of such helmets which are against law and provide no protection to the riders. In this regard registered 10 FIRs (Criminal cases) against them.
The fatalities have drastically increased. On detailed analysis, it was identified that the two wheeler riders/pillion riders not wearing helmets or wearing low quality helmets constitute majority of the deaths in road accidents.
Drive Against Manufacture:
Hence, Cyberabad Traffic Police took up this drive against manufacture and sale of low quality and fake helmets in Cyberabad limits.
Most of them are being manufactured at various places in the National Capital Region, Delhi.
- Most of these low quality helmets bear a fake ISI mark also.
- These helmets are made with cheap plastic, fibre and thermocol materials which can’t bear the weight/pressure of a bike rider on fall as mandated by legal standards.
- The manufacturing cost of these low-quality helmets will be anywhere between Rs 100 to 200 and are being sold at Rs 500/- and above.
- These low quality helmets do not give any kind of protection to the bike rider during accidents as they break at minor impact also.
Cyberabad PoliceTraffic Advises:
Cyberabad Traffic Police advises to public, particularly motor cyclists, to exhibit sense of self – responsibility, scientific approach in using proper, standard helmets always.
- Never buy low – quality helmets
- Beware of fake ISI marking on the low quality helmets.
- It is a misconception that some kind of helmet is better than no helmet. The low quality helmets are as good as not wearing helmets.
- Any person aged above 4 years shall wear a good quality helmet while travelling on a two wheeler motor cycle as per law.
- Traffic Police will book ‘Not wearing helmet’ cases against two – wheeler riders who are wearing low-quality or fake or half / skull cap helmets.