Submit Action Taken Report Within a Week: NMC Asks govt

Hyderabad: National Medical Commission (NMC) has asked the government to send an action-taken report within one week on the reallocation of the students of MBBS/PG, whose admissions were canceled after a surprise assessment by the Commission.

The Medical Assessment and Rating Board (MARB) undergraduate section of the National Medical Commission has written to the Health and Family Welfare Principal Secretary SAM Rizvi asking the State government to take action on the issue of the MBBS/PG students whose seats were canceled after the MARB canceled the admission for the academic year 2021-2022 after a surprise assessment.

The status of the reallocation of the MBBS/PG students was not communicated to the Commission so far, the MARB secretary said.

The Commission had canceled undergraduate and post-graduate seats in MNR, Mahavir, and TRR Medical Colleges in the State during its surprise assessment of these colleges.

The students were in a lurch after their seats got canceled and no response even after representations to the government. There are 450 undergraduate students and 113 postgraduate students in these three colleges.

The Telangana High Court issued orders on July 11, directing the government to reallocate students from the three colleges within four weeks.

Even though the students are attending the classes their attendance was not considered.

This was after government authorities asked the students to attend the classes of current colleges. The students had planned to go on strike if the government did not take any decision.

The Telangana Junior Doctors Association president Karthik Nagula said that students had now come out on the roads to get the issue solved and were complaining regarding the undue negligence from the side of the state.

“The medical students have a right to get reallocated to other colleges under kalonji Narayan Rao University of Health Sciences at the earliest to prevent a year of a break in studies for unknown reasons.

We request the concerned authorities and the university to solve the issue before any mishap,” said Karthik.

Now, the NMC has taken the issue into its hand and asked the State to send an action taken report within a week. The government has been asked to take necessary action on priority on the reallocation of students.

As per the proposed reallocation plan, supernumerary seats can be created for one batch only but the total number of seats for undergraduates may not exceed from 250.


Next Story:

  • Rahul Gandhi In UP Court On Defemation Case; Next Hearing On March 9

    Rahul Gandhi In UP Court On Defemation Case; Next Hearing On March 9

    Sultanpur/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): Congress leader Rahul Gandhi appeared before the MP/MLA court in Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur on Friday in connection with a defamation case linked to his alleged remarks against Union Home Minister Amit Shah. His statement was recorded in court. The total proceedings lasted around 20 minutes. The court has fixed March…


  • Congress Failed To Fulfill Promises Even After 800 Days In Power: Harish Rao

    Congress Failed To Fulfill Promises Even After 800 Days In Power: Harish Rao

    Siddipet/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): Accusing the Congress government of coming to power with false promises, former Minister T Harish Rao alleged that it had failed to fulfil its assurances even after 800 days in office, despite vowing to implement all promises within 100 days.


  • TGSPDCL: Bribes In PhonePe: 8 Engineers Suspended

    TGSPDCL: Bribes In PhonePe: 8 Engineers Suspended

    Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): The government has cracked down on engineers involved in corruption in TGSPDCL. As part of the process of checking the corruption that has accumulated in the department, a sensational decision has been taken by suspending eight engineering officers at once. It is reported that those suspended include Assistant Divisional Engineers…


  • Goal Is To Make Telangana An AI Hub: Sridhar Babu

    Goal Is To Make Telangana An AI Hub: Sridhar Babu

    Delhi/Hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News):  State IT and Industries Minister Sridhar Babu said that they are working towards making Telangana an Artificial intelligence (AI) hub in the world.  He said that security in the AI sector is not seen as an obstacle to innovation, but as the ‘aerodynamics’ of the 21st century. He participated and…


  • Rajya Sabha Belongs To NDA!

    Rajya Sabha Belongs To NDA!

    Delhi/hyderabad, Feb 20 (Maxim News): The NDA is set to make a comeback in the Rajya Sabha. The ruling coalition currently has 133 seats in the 245-seat House. The NDA is set to win an additional 4 seats in the biennial elections to be held in 37 seats in ten states in March. That is,…


Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.