Hyderabad: BDL hands over Oxygen Generator System to ESIC Medical College
Hyderabad, Sept. 20 (Maxim News): Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), as a part of its CSR initiative, has handed over a PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption) Oxygen Generator System to ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) Medical College, Hyderabad.
Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd), CMD, BDL handed over the Oxygen Plant to ESIC Medical College today in the presence of Prof. Srinivas Dean, ESIC Medical College, Hyderabad, Shri N Srinivasulu, Director (Finance), BDL., faculty and students of ESIC Medical College.
The Oxygen Generator System has a capacity of 960 litres per minute, which is equivalent to 170 to 220 cylinders per day. Another significant feature of the Oxygen Generator Plant is that it has in-built manifold for secondary oxygen supply to address in case of power failure, unit malfunction etc.
This is the second Oxygen Generator System contributed by BDL under its CSR initiative to fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. Earlier during June this year, similar Oxygen Generator System was handed over to the Military Hospital, Secunderabad by the Company.
Speaking on the occasion, CMD, BDL Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd) stated that this plant will not only be useful for the needy people but will also help the medical students in their learning and will go a long way in Nation’s fight against Covid-19.
Earlier, as a part of its CSR initiative, BDL has made several contributions to mitigate the Covid – 19 pandemic. Some of these initiatives are:
· Organizing Covid awareness programme in Aspirational Districts like Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh and Bhupalpally and Kothagudem in Telangana.
· Contributions for construction of 1000 bedded COVID-19 specialized hospital in New Delhi.
· Contribution for construction of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Covid Hospital at Lucknow.
· Procurement and handing over of 96 nos. of Deep Freezers to the Commissioner, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Hyderabad, Telangana.
· Contribution for oxygen support at Visakhapatnam Institute of Medical Sciences, Visakhapatnam.