Hyderabad: Two e-bikes catch fire as batteries explode
Hyderabad: Two electric bikes caught fire as their batteries exploded while charging in Kushaiguda of Hyderabad on Monday.
The incident occurred under the limits of Kushaiguda police station. However, no one was injured.
T. Haribabu said he had recently purchased two electric bikes. He kept both the bikes on charging in front of his house around 4 p.m. An hour later, he heard a loud explosion and came out of the house to see both the two-wheelers engulfed in flames. He tried to put off the flames but by then both had completely gutted.
The fire also spread to nearby electric wires. On being alerted by locals, a fire tender rushed there and extinguished the fire
This is the second incident in Hyderabad in three days. A person was injured when the battery of an electric bike exploded in the NGO colony of Vanasthalipuram on Saturday.
The incident occurred when Koteshwar Rao turned the switch on to charge his parked bike, but it exploded. He suffered burn injuries on his hands and other parts of the body. He was admitted to a hospital.
Hyderabad: Two e-bikes
These are the latest in a series of such incidents in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. A house was gutted when an electric bike caught fire while it was being charged in Siddipet district of Telangana on June 8.
An electric bike burst into flames in Hyderabad on May 11. There were no casualties.
A man was killed and three others injured when the battery of an electric two-wheeler exploded in their house at Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh on April 23.
Earlier on April 19, an 80-year-old died and two others injured when an electric bike kept on charging burst into flames when they were asleep at their house in Telangana’s Nizamabad town.
Concerned over the increasing incidents of electric two-wheelers catching fire, the Centre recently formed an expert panel to inquire into the matter.
Hyderabad: A UNIQUE RUN, called Gaudium Stadium Run 2023 was held. It was organised by the Hyderabad Runners Society. It was a 24 HOUR RUN. It was held from 25th November at 6 pm to 26th November at 26 pm. Stadium Runs are specially curated runs, especially for seasoned runners and fitness enthusiasts. It’s a track…
Hyderabad: Rejected by 30 schools, Sumit Agarwal teaches the world how to live with Cerebral Palsy, be successful in business and create wealth.
Hyderabad, November 28: Joint Commissioner Mangatayaru said that presiding and assistant presiding officers should perform their duties effectively. On Tuesday, a training program was organized for the presiding and assistant presiding officers who are conducting election duties at the GHMC headquarters.
Hyderabad, November 28: Nalgonda MP and Huzurnagar candidate Capt. N. Uttam Kumar Reddy has made a passionate appeal to the voters of Telangana to give the Congress party a chance to bring about the much-needed change in the state.
Hyderabad: Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU), Instructional Media Centre (IMC) today organized an enlightening master class on photography featuring distinguished American artist, Mr. Nolan Ryan Trowe. The event was organized in collaboration with US consulate Hyderabad. The master class not only provided a platform for learning but also facilitated connections between the artistic communities of India and the United…
Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates