HomeTelangana NewsRevanth Reddy Assures Completion Of 40 km SLBC Tunnel Project

Revanth Reddy Assures Completion Of 40 km SLBC Tunnel Project

  • Chief Minister vows to finish world’s largest SLBC tunnel in Nagarkurnool
  • Revanth Reddy criticizes BRS for delays, pledges support for affected villages

Nagarkurnool/Hyderabad, Nov 3 (Maxim News): Chief Minister Revanth Reddy reaffirmed his government’s commitment to completing the long-pending SLBC Tunnel Project—touted as the world’s largest 40 km underground tunnel—during the launch of an Aerial Electromagnetic Survey at Mannevari Palli in Nagarkurnool district. He said that this historic irrigation project would revolutionize water supply in Telangana’s drought-prone areas once completed.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

The Chief Minister stated that the government will ensure fair compensation and address the grievances of dwellers from the submerged habitations of Marlapadu, Keshya Tanda, and Nakkalagandi. Estimated at Rs 4,600 crore, the project aims to provide irrigation to 3 lakh acres by lifting 30 TMC of water from the Krishna River. Revanth asserted that completing this infrastructure is not only a developmental priority but also a responsibility toward the farmers of Telangana.

Coming down hard on the previous BRS government, Revanth said, “The SLBC project was sanctioned in 1983. YS Rajasekhara Reddy government started Tunnel-1 and Tunnel-2 works in 2004 at the cost of Rs 1,968 crore. After KCR became CM in 2014, the work stalled. KCR and Harish put the project on hold intentionally and created hurdles to supply water to Nalgonda through gravity.” He added that no tunnel of this scale had been attempted anywhere in the world and criticized the lack of progress under the previous administration.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

He pointed out that the project could have been finished for Rs 2,000 crore had the BRS completed it on time, but now the estimated cost has doubled to Rs 4,500 crore. Revanth also accused KCR of neglecting projects on the Krishna River and spending Rs 1.86 lakh crore on contractors in ten years, including Rs 1.05 lakh crore on the Kaleshwaram project. The Chief Minister acknowledged the deaths of eight workers during tunnel construction and said that the government had supported their families.

Revanth further accused the former BRS regime of compromising Telangana’s Krishna water interests. He said, “The then Irrigation Minister T. Harish Rao signed an agreement with Andhra Pradesh to utilise only 299 TMC of water. The Congress government took serious note of it and made strong arguments before the Tribunal to protect the state’s interests.” He warned Harish Rao to refrain from spreading misinformation on water issues. The Chief Minister concluded that people dethroned the BRS government for neglecting the SLBC project, and now the Congress government is determined to complete it on a war footing. (Maxim News)


Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook pageTwitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates


More Stories….

  • F1 Dutch GP: Antonelli Tops Only Practice at Zandvoort

    F1 Dutch GP | Hyderabad, August 21: F1 Dutch GP weekend began with Mercedes driver Kimi Antonelli setting the fastest time in Friday’s only practice session at Zandvoort. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp Antonelli clocked 1:12.949 to finish ahead of McLaren’s Lando Norris and Mercedes teammate George Russell. Antonelli edged Norris by 0.121 seconds…

  • Hyderabad Land Prices: Raidurg Plot Sets Rs. 264 Crore Record

    Hyderabad, August 21: Hyderabad land prices have reached a new high after an acre in Raidurg sold for ₹264 crore. The Telangana Industrial Infrastructure Corporation conducted the latest auction in the city’s IT corridor. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp The record sale took place at Pan Maktha in Raidurg. The plot falls under Survey…

  • Kareena Kapoor Khan Not Pregnant, Team Confirms

    Hyderabad: Kareena Kapoor Khan is not pregnant, her team has confirmed, putting an end to recent speculation about her expecting a third child with actor Saif Ali Khan. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp Rumours began circulating online after a recent video showed Kareena returning to her car. A member of her team appeared to…

  • Rahul Gandhi Dharna: Delhi Police Registers FIR Over Pellet Injury

    New Delhi / Hyderabad, August 21: Delhi Police registered an FIR on Friday after student protester Sahil Lochab complained of a pellet gun injury during a July 20 demonstration at Jantar Mantar. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp The development came after Congress leader Rahul Gandhi demanded action on Lochab’s complaint. Rahul Gandhi, the Leader…

  • Senior Actress Sowcar Janaki Passed Away

    Sowcar Janaki | A tragedy has struck Telugu film industry. Veteran actress Shawukaru Janaki has passed away. She died due to old age-related health problems

  • One Year Of Practice For Judicial Service: SC Key Decision

    Delhi/Hyderabad, Aug 21 (Maxim News) : The Supreme Court has good news for law students who want to enter the judicial services directly. It has reduced the three-year legal practice requirement to one year for candidates applying for the posts of Civil Judge (Junior Division). While it did not completely reject the plea to remove…

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
germanten flyer 3
previous arrow
next arrow

Most Popular

Recent Comments