HomeTelangana NewsPrivate Colleges In Telangana Announces Indefinite Bandh

Private Colleges In Telangana Announces Indefinite Bandh

  • Private colleges demand release of pending fee reimbursement dues
  • Managements warn of ‘Chalo Hyderabad’ protest if issue remains unresolved

Private college managements across Telangana have announced an indefinite bandh starting Monday, protesting against the state government’s delay in clearing pending fee reimbursement dues. The decision came after the deadline for the reimbursement arrears ended on Sunday with no official response from the government.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

According to college associations, the government owes around Rs 9,000 crore in pending dues for the 2024–25 academic year. The delay has caused financial strain on numerous institutions, affecting the payment of staff salaries and day-to-day operations. Though the government had earlier announced that Rs 1,200 crore would be released before Dussehra, officials disbursed only Rs 300 crore. There has been no clarity regarding the remaining Rs 900 crore, leading to increasing frustration among college administrators.

The managements stated that repeated appeals and negotiations with the government yielded no results. As a result, they decided to shut down all private educational institutions across the state from Monday. “We have been waiting patiently, but the government continues to ignore our demands. The arrears must be released immediately,” said a representative of the private college association.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

They further warned that if the pending amount is not cleared soon, they would intensify their agitation by organizing a massive statewide protest under the slogan ‘Chalo Hyderabad’. The bandh is expected to affect thousands of students enrolled in private intermediate, degree, and professional colleges.

Meanwhile, the education department has not issued any official statement responding to the bandh announcement. Students and parents have expressed concern over the extended shutdown’s possible impact on ongoing academic activities, including semester exams and project work. With no resolution in sight, the stalemate between the private college managements and the Telangana government appears to be deepening.


More Stories…

  • TG Safe Launched To Strengthen Food And Drug Safety In Telangana

    TG Safe strengthens food and drug safety in Telangana by bringing quality checks, regulation and accountability under one system.

  • TIMS Sanath Nagar Hospital Opens In Hyderabad

    TIMS Sanath Nagar hospital opens in Hyderabad with 1,000 beds, modern facilities and new medical staff after a Rs 1,100 crore investment.

  • ‘Dimagi Naxals’ Applies Only To Supporters Of Maoists And Separatist: Kiren Rijiju

    ‘Dimagi Naxals’ | Delhi/Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Union Minister Kiren Rijiju clarified that Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not call opposition leaders as Maoist-minded people. He gave clarity to the criticisms of Congress leader P Chidambaram and others. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp In a post on ‘X’ platform, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju…

  • Kalyanalaxmi And Shaadi Mubarak Will Continue: Ponnam Prabhakar

    Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Ministers Ponnam Prabhakar and Vakiti Srihari made it clear that they will continue Kalyanalakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak as is and are trying to implement them again after lifting the stay in the High Court. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp They were furious thatg the BRS leaders were doing politics…

  • We Have Grounded That Terror Network: Amit Shah

    Internet/Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced that the ISI-backed terrorist group Shahzad Bhatti Network has been dismantled. He revealed on ‘X’ that more than 200 members of the group have been arrested. He said that its plans for destructive attacks have been foiled. He said that this is an example…

  • Gold Jewellery Theft In Hyderabad, Six Arrested

    Gold | Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): The Langer House police have busted a gang that has been robbing innocent people for some time in the city by diverting their attention. Six accused have been arrested and a large amount of gold ornaments, cash, vehicles and cell phones have been seized from them. According to…

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
germanten flyer 3
previous arrow
next arrow

Most Popular

Recent Comments