HomeNewsUS Prepares To Send Second Aircraft Carrier To Middle East

US Prepares To Send Second Aircraft Carrier To Middle East

Washington/internet/Hyderabad, Feb 13 (Maxim News): The world’s largest aircraft carrier has been ordered to sail from the Caribbean Sea to the Middle East, a person familiar with the plans said Thursday, as US President Donald Trump considers whether to take possible military action against Iran.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

The move by the USS Gerald R. Ford, first reported by The New York Times, will put two carriers and their accompanying warships in the region as Trump increases pressure on Iran to make a deal over its nuclear programme. The person spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss military movements.

The USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier and three guided-missile destroyers arrived in the Middle East more than two weeks ago.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

It marks a quick turnaround for the USS Ford, which Trump sent from the Mediterranean Sea to the Caribbean last October as the administration build up a huge military presence in the leadup to the surprise raid last month that captured then-Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.

It also appears to be at odds with Trump’s national security strategy, which puts an emphasis on the Western Hemisphere over other parts of the world.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

Trump told Axios earlier in the week that he was considering sending a second carrier strike group to the Middle East.

The USS Ford set out on deployment in late June 2025, which means the crew will have been deployed for eight months in two weeks time. While it is unclear how long the ship will remain in the Middle East, the move sets the crew up for an usually long deployment.

Here To Join Us On WhatsApp

The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. (Maxim News)


Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook pageTwitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates and Follow us on GoogleNews


  • Shock For Mamata: TMC Candidate Jahangir Khan From Election Race

    Shock For Mamata: TMC Candidate Jahangir Khan From Election Race

    Kolkata/Hyderabad, May 19 (Maxim News): In an interesting and unexpected development in West Bengal politics, Trinamool Congress (TMC) candidate Jahangir Khan, who had earlier made sensational remarks saying ‘Pushpa.. will not decrease’ (Jhukega Nahi), has unexpectedly withdrawn from the election fray. His decision to withdraw from the re-polling of the Falta Assembly constituency in the…


  • Arocity In The Name Of Movie Shooting; Two Youths Rape A Young Woman

    Arocity In The Name Of Movie Shooting; Two Youths Rape A Young Woman

    Hyderabad, May 19 (Maxim News): The horrific incidents of sexual assault on innocent young women, who are being tricked into believing that they will give them opportunities in films, are causing great concern. Recently, a young woman living in the vicinity of Jubilee Hills Metro Station in Hyderabad and making a living by playing small…


  • Muslims Should Not Offer Namaz On Roads: Yogi Adityanath Warns

    Muslims Should Not Offer Namaz On Roads: Yogi Adityanath Warns

    Lucknow/Hyderabad, May 19 (Maxim News) Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has issued a warning to Muslims on the issue of offering prayers on roads. Participating in an event held in Lucknow on Monday, he ordered that Muslims in the state should not offer prayers on roads from now on. He warned that legal action will…


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Hyderabad-banner
previous arrow
next arrow

Most Popular

Recent Comments