Hyderabad: A fire broke out in a warehouse near the Vijayalaksmi bar in Alwal here in the wee hours of Monday. No casualties were reported in the fire which is suspected to have been caused by a short circuit, police said.
According to the police, locals in the nearby residential area noticed huge fire and thick smoke emanating from the warehouse and alerted the fire department and the police. With plastic material in the warehouse catching fire, thick dark smoke engulfed the surroundings, triggering panic among the local area residents.
The Jawaharnagar police along with Fire and Rescue Services personnel used three fire engines and doused the fire in about two hours. The management of the warehouse is yet to lodge a complaint or give an estimation of the damaged property.
Investigation Is Going On.