Hyderabad: Massive Fire In Train At Medchal Station

Hyderabad: Massive Fire In Train At Medchal Station

Hyderabad: A railway passenger bogie that was parked at the Medchal railway station was completely gutted on Tuesday afternoon.

Though senior officials of the Fire Services department were yet to ascertain the reasons behind the mishap that occurred around 1.45 pm, preliminary inquiry indicated that the fire could have erupted after unidentified persons threw a lit cigarette butt inside the bogie.

On noticing the flames and thick smoke from the bogie, railway staff at the station tried to extinguish flames using water buckets but their efforts were in vain. A fire tender from the Jeedimetla fire station then rushed to the spot. With no proper approach road to the spot, the fire tender had to reach the tracks through a narrow lane at the station. The fire-fighters had to struggle for over an hour to douse the flames.

Jeedimetla Station Fire Officer V Subash Reddy said the reasons behind the incident were yet to be known. The chances of the fire breaking out due to an electrical short-circuit were remote as there was no power supply to the bogie.

The charred bogie was part of 10 bogies that were parked at the station for the last few weeks as passenger train services are yet to resume in the background of the Covid-19 pandemic.

“We first detached the bogie that caught fire with others and later put out the flames,” Reddy said. Senior railway officials have inspected the spot.

Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.