Delhi, May 23: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday virtually distributed appointment letters to more than 51,000 youths during the nationwide Rozgar Mela recruitment drive held across 47 locations.
The Rozgar Mela was organised as part of the Centre’s employment initiative aimed at providing government jobs to young candidates across the country.
Addressing the gathering, Modi described the occasion as an important moment for the selected candidates and their families.
Rozgar Mela Focuses On Youth Employment
The Prime Minister said the newly recruited candidates would serve in sectors including Railways, Banking, Defence, Health, Higher Education, Home Affairs and Financial Services.
He stated that the youth would play a key role in achieving the vision of a “Viksit Bharat” and strengthening India’s future development.
Modi also said India’s technological progress and skilled workforce are receiving global recognition, with several countries looking to partner with India in various sectors.
He added that the Rozgar Mela reflects the government’s commitment to generating employment opportunities for young people.
According to official figures, more than 12 lakh appointment letters have been distributed since the launch of the Rozgar Mela initiative.
The recruitment programme has so far completed 18 phases across different parts of the country.
Officials said the initiative aims to speed up recruitment in government departments while supporting youth employment and national development.
Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates and Follow us on GoogleNews



