Hyderabad, Nov. 2 (Maxim News) : The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said ₹2,000 denomination notes worth ₹5,817 crore have not yet returned to the banking system.
Here To Join Us On WhatsApp
Despite the withdrawal of the high-value notes from circulation, a small portion remains unaccounted for, according to the central bank’s latest data released on Saturday.
Majority of ₹2,000 Notes Returned
RBI stated that as of May 19, 2023, ₹2,000 notes amounting to ₹3.56 lakh crore were in circulation. By October 31, 2024, 98.37 percent of these notes had been returned, leaving only ₹5,817 crore still in use.
Here To Join Us On WhatsApp
The central bank clarified that the withdrawal process was largely complete, with minimal notes yet to be deposited.
The RBI noted that citizens can still exchange or deposit the remaining ₹2,000 notes at any of its 19 regional offices.
Here To Join Us On WhatsApp
Those unable to visit in person can send their notes through India Post to deposit them into their bank accounts.
The central bank reaffirmed that the ₹2,000 notes remain legal tender until further notice, but encouraged holders to complete exchanges promptly. (Maxim News)
Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates’
More Stories….
IIIT Hyderabad has opened applications for its 12 week Agentic AI certificate programme, with Cohort 3 starting in October 2026.
TG Safe strengthens food and drug safety in Telangana by bringing quality checks, regulation and accountability under one system.
TIMS Sanath Nagar hospital opens in Hyderabad with 1,000 beds, modern facilities and new medical staff after a Rs 1,100 crore investment.
‘Dimagi Naxals’ | Delhi/Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Union Minister Kiren Rijiju clarified that Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not call opposition leaders as Maoist-minded people. He gave clarity to the criticisms of Congress leader P Chidambaram and others. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp In a post on ‘X’ platform, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju…
Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Ministers Ponnam Prabhakar and Vakiti Srihari made it clear that they will continue Kalyanalakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak as is and are trying to implement them again after lifting the stay in the High Court. Here To Join Us On WhatsApp They were furious thatg the BRS leaders were doing politics…
Internet/Hyderabad, Aug 17 (Maxim News): Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced that the ISI-backed terrorist group Shahzad Bhatti Network has been dismantled. He revealed on ‘X’ that more than 200 members of the group have been arrested. He said that its plans for destructive attacks have been foiled. He said that this is an example…