Retired IAS officer Udaya Lakshmi Meets AP CM

Amaravati, July 12 (Maxim News): Retired IAS officer and the former Principal Secretary the state B. Udaya Lakshmi has been appointed as a Member of prestigious A.P. State Police Complaints Authority.

Lakshmi took charge as Member of Authority today . She later called on the Chief Minister of the state Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy and the Chairman of the authority Justice KA Nagarajan, who is a retired High Court Judge .

Speaking on the occasion, Lakshmi stated that the A. P. State Police Complaints Authority was established by the state government as per the orders of the Supreme Court of India for the first time. She said that Until now if there is a serious crime like lock up death, crime against women and children, like kidnap of minor girl, Rape of a woman due to inaction of Police or illegal detention by Police, violation of Law by Police, the Public have to approach High Court. But now after establishment of Police Complaints Authority (PCA) the Public can directly approach PCA and complain, she noted. She said that the PCA will play a role of a Judge on wheels and would be accessible to any victim in a serious crime.

She also said that This PCA was a specialised body exclusively meant to bring Transparency and Accountability of Police officers towards Public. “This body acts as a watch dog on the Police. In case of threat to life and Liberty of a person this Body will immediately take up Enquiry on a complaint by Public. For example, if a Police officer with malafide intention do not take any action as per Law, due to some influences and as a result a serious crime occurs like Rape on a poor woman, kidnap of a poor girl, in such cases, on complaint of victim or her relative, TS PCA will act immediately and take action,” she explained.

She made it clear that the Police, while taking a person into custody in a crime, they have to inform Jurisdictional Police Station as per Criminal Procedure Code. She said that sometimes they do not inform local Police and bring that suspected person, illegally and detain him or her for many days. “In such cases, the concerned Public person may give complaint to PCA and it will act immediately by sending notices to concerned Police officer,” she said. (Maxim News)

Now you can get latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.  Click to follow Indtoday Facebook page and Twitter and on Instagram

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.