Hyderabad: Property worth lakhs of rupees was gutted down when a fire broke out in a three-storied building in Gowliguda late on Thursday night. No casualties were reported in the incident.
Firefighters were still battling the blaze when reports last came in. According to fire officials, the fire was seen at around 10 pm in the Laxmi Textiles showroom and soon spread to the Bhavani Lodge and Mess in Gowliguda a little away from the fire station.
On information, fire tenders from the Gowliguda fire station and other nearby fire stations were rushed to the spot. Officials suspect that the fire might have been caused by a short circuit.
Six fire tenders are on the spot to contain the fire, said the fire officials.