JAC Activists Should Be Arrested For Visiting Secretariat: Shabbir
Hyderabad, Jan.24 (Maxim News): Former Minister Mohammed Ali Shabbir has strongly condemned the arrest of JAC activists of various organisations and individuals who tried to visit the Secretariat to offer prayers at the two mosques, Masjid-e-Hashmi and Masjid-e-Dafatir Mohammedia, which were illegally demolished by TRS Government in July last year.
Shabbir Ali, in a media statement on Sunday, said that the Joint Action Committee of various Muslim organisations had given a call for ‘Chalo Secretariat‘ to offer prayers at the same place where two mosques existed in the Secretariat till they were demolished by TRS Govt on the intervening night of 7th-8th July, 2020. He said that the demand for resuming prayers at the Secretariat mosques‘ sites was fully justified as Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao has illegally demolished them to facilitate construction of a new Secretariat complex. He said that CM KCR has also demolished an old temple in the Secretariat premises.
“CM KCR gave a statement on 10th July, 2020 admitting that his government has demolished the two mosques and a temple in the Secretariat. He had also expressed regret and assured to reconstruct all the three places of worship soon. When the Muslim community was grearing up to launch agitation, MIM President Asaduddin Owaisi took a delegation of religious leaders to Pragathi Bhavan and the Chief Minister gave another fake assurance of reconstructing the mosques within a month. The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) held its meeting in Hyderabad on August 16 setting a two-week deadline for reconstruction of two mosques at the same place. This deadline expired on August 31. Again on September 9, CM KCR announced on the floor of the Legislative Assembly that he would lay the foundation stone for re-construction of two mosques and one temple in the Secretariat premises after the end of monsoon session of Assembly. This promise too was not honoured,” he said.
Shabbir Ali said that the Chief Minister openly cheated the Muslim and Hindu communities on the promise of re-constructing the two mosques and a temple which his government has demolished illegally. Instead, he said that the State Government awarded the construction work to a Gujarati company Shapoorji Pallonji.
The construction of the first floor of the new Secretariat complex has already been completed. However, the Chief Minister did nothing to honour his promise of re-constructing the places of worship, he said. (Maxim News)