- Iran claims strikes on US Black Hawk helicopters Friday
- US search for missing pilot continues amid rising tensions
Iran has claimed that it carried out strikes on two US Black Hawk helicopters during operations on Friday, according to a statement by its joint military command. The announcement came during a briefing on Saturday, adding to a series of claims about attacks on American targets.
Ebrahim Zolfaghari, spokesperson for Iran’s joint military command, said the forces struck multiple enemy targets, including the helicopters. His statement, carried by state media, described the day as a setback for the United States and its allies. He said it “must be called a black and humiliating Friday for the American and Zionist enemies.”
However, the claims have not been independently verified. The Associated Press reported that it could not confirm the details shared by Iranian officials. Meanwhile, some media outlets in the United States have reported that the helicopters were hit, but no official confirmation has been issued.
Iran had earlier claimed that it downed two American warplanes on the same day. These statements have increased attention on the developments and the ongoing situation between the two sides. However, no additional details were provided in the briefing regarding the exact locations or extent of damage.
Meanwhile, the United States military continued its search operation for a missing pilot over a remote area in southwestern Iran. The search effort is still underway, according to available information. The ongoing operation indicates that the situation remains active and uncertain.
The developments highlight growing tensions and competing claims between Iran and the United States. While Iran maintains that it successfully targeted US aircraft, independent verification remains pending. Therefore, officials and observers are closely monitoring further updates as more details emerge.
Now you can get the latest stories from Indtoday on Telegram every day. Click the link to subscribe. Click to follow Indtoday’s Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. For all the latest Hyderabad News updates and Follow us on GoogleNews
More Stories…
Traffic Diversions Announced On NH 65 Near Patancheru
NH 65 Traffic Diversions announced near Patancheru as vehicles towards Sangareddy shift to service roads due to road works.
Two Women From Same Family Die Within Hours In Medak
Medak family tragedy leaves two infants motherless after two women died within hours due to illness in Medak district.



